Background Image for Hero:
The best way to navigate campus
To protect the health and safety of WVU students, faculty and staff, the PRT will not be operating during the fall 2020 semester.
In its place, WVU will operate an additional 35-40 buses to transport our campus community between Downtown, Evansdale and Health Sciences areas of campus.
Keep The PRT Running Smoothly!
Follow these tips to avoid causing a stoppage.
- Keep doors and windows closed. If a door or window is opened during your ride, all PRT cars will stop for an extended period of time.
- Stay off the PRT guideway at all times. This area contains highly dangerous voltage areas that can cause injuries to you or others around you.
- Respect others while you're in the PRT and waiting at the platform. Please don't push or shove inside the PRT cars or at any of the platforms.
- While boarding the PRT, make sure all straps, buckles, etc. are securely tucked inside the car. If any item is caught between the doors, the PRT will not move from the station.
- Respect the interior of the PRT cars and the platform. All areas are monitored by security cameras.
- Follow all instructions given over the intercom system during disruptions to help us get the PRT back up and running as soon as possible.
- Use the passenger assist phones located at each PRT platform if you have a question or concern.
- Limit vehicles to 15 passengers or less. Overcrowding can cause a disruption in service.