Background Image for Header:
Title VI Compliance
Commitment to Fairness – Title VI Compliance
West Virginia University, operator of the Morgantown Personal Rapid Transit System and other transportation and shuttle services, pledges that you will have access to all our programs, services and benefits without regard to race, color, national origin, per Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
The Department of Transportation and Parking and all of its services provided will not tolerate discrimination by its employees. The Department prohibits all discriminatory practices that may result in an individual:
- Being denied any service under a program to which he or she may otherwise be entitled.
- Being held to different standards or requirements for participation.
- Experiencing segregation or separate treatment in any part of a program.
- Being subject to distinctions in quality, quantity or manner in which service is provided.
- Experiencing discrimination in any activities conducted in a Department of Transportation and Parking facility built in whole or part with Federal funds.
- That prevents the denial of, reduction in, or significant delay in the receipt of benefits by minority and low-income populations.
These rights are guaranteed to you under Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, which says in part:
“No person in the United State shall, on the grounds of race, color, or national origin, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance.” (42 U.S.C. Sec200d)
In addition, Executive Order 12898, Federal Actions to Address Environmental Justice in Minority Populations and Low-Income Populations, 1994 provides:
“Each Federal agency shall make achieving environmental justice part of its mission by identifying and addressing, as appropriate, disproportionately high and adverse human health or environmental effects of its programs, policies, and activities on minority populations and low-income populations.”
Filing a Title VI Complaint with WVU
If you believe that you have been discriminated against because of your race, color, national origin, related to any aspect of our transportation and parting programs, you may file complaint electronically.Submit a VI Complaint
You may also file a complaint in person at the WVU Division of Diversity, Equity
and Inclusion Office located at:
1085 Van Voorhis Road
P.O. Box 6202, Suite 250
Morgantown, WV 26506-6202
If you wish to file a complaint by phone or by mail please call the WVU Division of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Office Case Manager at 304-293-5600 for assistance.
Information about complaints with Federal Transit Administration may be found at transit.dot.gov.